Wednesday, January 12, 2005

And then there were none...

It is the early morning of January 12th, 2005. This is a day that I have waited for so long, yet there are quite a bit of butterflies and other things going through my stomach and mind, respectively.

I spent most of Tuesday with friends and my cousins. It was a hard day, knowing that my friends and I are going through another trial to test the bounds of friendship. I hope that they will stay strong, and for most of them, I know that they will. I guess the one thing that I am not looking forward to about Brisbane is having to build the history that comes with friendships. More specifically, the friends that I have, I don't have to go back into the history books and tell them about a part of my life. These were things that were found out/told long ago. In Brisbane, I will have to rebuild my history with new people (hmm...repetition isn't always a good thing). On the other hand, there are potentially 19 million (of who I know 4) people that I can be friends with!

The house is so empty - no one is here. And after I leave, it truly will be like something out of Ten Little Indians (however, there were only 4 here to begin with, 5 if you count Gopal). :)

Wow...I cannot believe that my room is the cleanest that it has been since this house was built! I didn't think that I would get everything done in time. I guess the notion of having my parents come back home and seeing that things aren't left they way they expect it is something that is inspiring me to make it as spic-n-span as possible.

Alright, I am done for the night. My head is starting to make weird noises - I reckon that it's telling me that I should be off to bed.

It's odd - I really do feel as if I am moving to the end of the Earth. I know that for my friends that live in Europe and other parts of the world outside of Canada, my move to Australia will be nothing different (except for the fact that I am anywhere between 1o to 18 hours time difference depending on where they are living). Sure, they will have to come to know new numbers and contact information, but the distance will still be there. However, with some of my friends in Calgary, it seems a bit hard to leave behind such a good crew. I guess we all have to leave behind a bit of ourselves in order to find another part of ourselves elsewhere.

I reckon this Calgary chapter of Veevek's life is coming to a close. Fortunately, the characters keep moving from one chapter to the next. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Veevek,

I'm sitting in the Cathay Pacific lounge in Hong Kong Airport. I'm feel like I'm halfway between Calgary and Adelaide in so many ways. Just had a nice hot shower and a weird yummy pastry thingmy. I love what you said about how we have to leave a bit of ourselves in order to go off and find another part of ourselves. Beautiful. Because it's true.

I'm so glad I get to be one of the characters that moves into the next chapter of your life. Talk to you in Oz!

Ruth <><