Monday, February 21, 2005

Back to you...

Yes, back to you my friend. I am listening to John Mayer's CD, which I have recently acquired from my friend Kate. It's great - good for studying, good for getting lost in your thoughts, and great for putting a huge ass smile on my face.

Today has been a first. Mr. Thankey put together a bbq (with the help of Peder - a Norweigan MBBS I)! Won't my parents be proud! HAHAHAHAHA. Actually, I can hear my parents say (in the fake, albeit fantastic, Indian accent that I do), "oh my goodness, what have you done? Are you starting to eat meat? I don't like this one bit. You come home now." HAHAHAHAHA. Just kidding. It was one of those moments where I wished that I had an IKEA-style instructions booklet. De acuerde, ese es la vida.

The barbie this arvo was hosted by Graeme (for those of you that are new to the blog, Graeme is the IronMan triathlete, which means he is absolutely cut and ripped - I mean you could get the grill marks on steaks if you laid them on his abs). It was nice to sit around have a few veggie sausages and talk about pretty much nothing for an afternoon. It's nice to know that the friends I have can be hardcore during the week - keeping their noses in the books, pracs, slides, and notes. On the weekend, however, they can be effervescent (like moi), uplifting and just down right kickass! On that note, it's Sunday evening (18h00) and I am in my PBL room with Dave learning about the structures and functions of the skin, hair and nails. Yes, it's hardcore. But as I have said before and I will say it again, GO HARD OR GO HOME. And I am here to go hard. Well, right now we are learning about sweat glands (eccrine and apocrine - who would have known that there were different types? From my dad, I would have thought that there would have just been one and that would have been the apocrine aka Thankey's Trademark).

Okay, I gotta bust a move. The skin is calling to me...(well it's actually St. Patrick's Day on the JM cd).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ola!

ita awesome reading about your crazy antics (and educational experiences) down under. keep 'em coming!

milli

Anonymous said...

Bonjourno!

buy the CD for the 'Ray' soundtrack. Its hot.

Anita