Thursday, November 03, 2005

Ladies & Gentlemen, Indian Airlines would like to announce the depart of Flight IC408...

First off, I want to wish everyone a very Happy Diwali (Nutan Varshabinandhan) & Sal Mubarak! For those of you that are celebrating the end of Ramadan, Eid Mubarak!

The past week has been all about partying, relaxing, re-energising, getting my thoughts collected and packing up my belongs (in that order). I've reconnected with some friends and am enjoying every moment that I have.

On a more exciting front, I'm leaving for India today! I'll be flying via Malaysia and staying a couple of days in Sri Lanka before meeting up with the rest of my friends on Saturday that are going to be at the same hospital. For a nice treat to myself, I'm staying at the Taj Samudra Hotel, which is a part of the international reknowned Taj Hotel Groups.

I'm looking forward to the exposure and experiences that come along with the challenges of being in a hospital that serves 5 million people. I am a little apprehensive of speaking Hindi as I've not done so in quite some time. I've been practicing by watching bollywood films but the 'hindi' used is a mixture of English, Hindi and Urdu.

I'll be in India until December 14th and may do some travelling with a couple of friends, however that has yet to be decided. I'll be back in Australia for a few days before heading to Calgary and spending Christmas and New Year's with my family and close friends. I can't wait!

Have a good one...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Veevek! I want to hear everything about your trip!! please update soon!

Anita

Anonymous said...

Veevay!
I totally miss you more than words can ever express. I still have a bunch of random text messages we sent each other over the past few months. I hope you're having fun on your well-deserved trip through South Asia, and you better be dancing up a storm at the weddings! I can't wait to hear all the stories =] MUAH!!

Anonymous said...

Veevla Ben ...good to see ur happy about the trip:)

Anonymous said...

Dear Veevek,
I am going to St Stephen's Hospital too for my elective. Will be arriving on the 17th December. I would really love to hear what your experiences are! Email me if you can ok? ychua@med.usyd.edu.au
Cheers!
Jessica

Anonymous said...

WHy haven't you updated? when are you back in Calgary?

Anonymous said...

Shop online today. Forget driving to the mall when you can just click the mouse and order from your favorite store. No traffic to deal with