Tuesday, August 16, 2005

26?

It seems as if life has been moving at mach 3 for the past few weeks. I've started Week 26 of the 34 weeks of MBBS I. I've been having some motivational issues in terms of becoming hardcore in my studying and revising. This is not to say that I've not been doing anything...I've just not been doing enough. However, this past weekend was quite productive in terms of learning all the different drugs that we've learnt in the course thus far. Also, I'm trying to do some revising of past weeks but, as I wrote earlier, but the motivation is somewhat lacking.

In a week's time, I'll be turning 26. I've no qualms about it. Then again, perhaps I've been to busy to think about what this year's birthday represents. I know that this is the first time in a very long time that I've been able to celebrate my birthday in August. Being born near the tail of this month (at least in Canada) meant that my friends were on holidays and people were getting busy with going back to school and things like that. However, being on the under side of the world, uni is already in full swing and people aren't necessarily going to be going away for an extended period of time around now. I was talking to a friend and telling her how I really wanted a small dinner with maybe 15 or 20 people. She laughed and said, "Veevek, you want to repeat that sentence again?" I know that that sounds odd but its true! I've always had a problem in deciding who should come to these sort of things. I've made some fantastic friends (yes some are more fantastic than others...but fantastic nonetheless) and I want to share my birthday with all of them. I made a list of people that I would invite, that is if I had no constraints or anything, and the list came to about 80. What is a socialite to do? :)

Apart from that, I got a massive haircut. Yes, a haircut. Most people that know me have known me with fairly long and curly hair. After much thinking, I decided to get the locks cut off. The hair that was cut when towards a charity here in Brisbane that gets people to donate their hair to make wigs for children that are undergoing chemotherapy. It's kinda weird knowing that there will be kids in QLD that will have Veevek hair on their heads. They should only be so lucky! :) My hair is now about 4cm long, which is by far the shortest it has ever been since I was an infant. It looks damn good - or at least that is what people tell me.

Other than that, life here in Brisbane is moving forward, while I've been chilling, maxin' and relaxin'. After the holiday tomorrow, I need to get back into gear. Only 8 more weeks till the end of the year and I've so much shit to work left to do, let alone learning the new stuff that the next 8 weeks will bring. On that note...I should get going.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

U GOT IT CUT??? WOW

Anonymous said...

Hey vivli ben...a haircut...must send some pics my way.. lmao..hehehe...lol Hope ur k ...mssin u loads...life here tis good...busy, a big laugh...love u loads...sheeby baby

Anonymous said...

i hope to see these pictures of the infamous cut too. and happy bday 'jack'. make sure you party hard!

'jill'

Anonymous said...

Veevs!

We want a picture. We must must must have a picture!

As for school, there are people like us that complain when we are in it, but can't imagine being anywhere else...

See you
Anita

Anonymous said...

PICTURES!!

Anita

Veevek said...

Shanti, shanti! The photos will come tomorrow as I still have yet to take any. I will take some tonight from the birthday celebrations. Can't wait!!

Veevek said...

Hmm...what the fuck is that post all about? They must be stoopid, rearry rearry stoopid.