Monday, March 07, 2005

Touch Footy!

Yes, that's what Mr. Thankey has signed up for. I suck but that's more than half the fun! A few weeks ago, I signed up for (so did about 30 other people) a MBBS I touch footy team. Today was the first week of three weeks trials. Teams are made up on 7 people, and you can have extras to swtich on and off. There needs to be a minimum of 3 women per team. Dave sent me a text this morning, trying to round up people. Those that showed up: Dave, Dan, Greg, Graeme, Vanessa, Mel, Lene, Matt, Nathan, John, and me. Those that should have showed up: Marlo. She was going to come but apparently a movie got to the best of her. :)

We played two games, which were 20 minutes each. In the first trial, we drew (2-2). The second game, were were obliterated! The second team was hardcore. I only played for maybe 10 minutes out the 40 minutes. I had never played before and felt a bit handicapped (well, moreso than usual) with the game. As a result, I am decided to start training for touch. Yes, social exercise with the rest of the team will build some team spirit and get to know the strengths and weaknesses of our team mates. I can totally see every Sunday arvo being about touch footy and then going to the PBL room to do some studying before heading back home to sleep, only to get up 5 hours later for the 8am Monday PBL session.

Oh, what's the name of our team...FLAMING SAMBUCAS! Only Pete would come up with a name like that. God loves him. :)

Also, today was a day in which I realised that some of the friends that I have are so invaluable and they truly do make me be a better person. My heart and love goes out to those people (you know who you are!).

No comments: