Saturday, February 11, 2006

Crazy Currylingus...

Alright, Currylingus is my cousin (our respective mothers are sisters) and she has got to be one of the coolest people I know (and believe-you-me, I know a lot of people). She's ultra hip, modern, classy, has a fantastic wit, and a charm that puts most people to shame! (You can thank me later, Currylingus). I've always thought of her as my younger sister; in fact, she is born 1 year minus 2 days later than I. We are both bonafide leos........grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. :)

She dropped a tag on me, which essentially means that I have to do this. :)

4 Jobs: (most recent)
1. Researcher for one of my most favourite economic professors at University of Calgary. In fact, he is one of my mentors. I helped him to do some research on a paper that he was writing.

2. As a consultant for Health Canada, I had to create a complete document on all Canadian activity that was going on at the 2004 International AIDS Conference in Bankok, Thailand. I was also in charge of putting together cross-cultural awareness information along with information that Canadian delegates would need regarding the city, Thai culture and norms, and the logistics of the conference.

3. HIV/AIDS Lecturer (Kibera's Women's Help Group) - while working on my internship, I was also given some work in Kibera (Africa's largest slum) and discuss issues regarding HIV/AIDS and its effect on one's livelihood and outlook.

4. HIV/AIDS Programme Officer in Kenya - this was through a Canadian government internship. It was absolutely amazing; mainly did work in the field of home-based care and stigma & discrimination.

4 Movies (off the top of my head)

-Indiana Jones & Raiders of the Lost Ark (saw it last night with Liam)
-Usual Suspects (a classic & favourite film of mine)
-Syriana (saw it last night! pretty good)
-Black Stallion Returns (hey...don't knock it!)

4 Places I’ve Lived:

-Brisbane, Australia
-Nairobi, Kenya,
-Lija, Malta
-Calgary, Canada

4 TV Shows:

-House
-PrisonBreak
-Amazing Race
-Grey's Anatomy (hmm...if it were to return at some point)

4 Vacations (the most recent ones):

Calgary, Canada
Porbandar & Ahmedabad India
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Colombo, Sri Lanka

4 Foods:

-Pad Thai (can always tell judge a Thai restaurant by their Pad Thai)
-dhokla (had some last night...but mum's are better!)
-spinach and ricotta lasagne
-dolmades (I am sucker for antipasto)

4 Places I’d Rather Be:

-Macchu Pichu
-Great Barrier Reef
-Crestanello (the best Italian cafe I have been to anywhere - it's right across the street from the New York Public Library...I can't wait to taste you again in a few weeks!)
-At the gym (but alas anaemias and multiple myelomas are shouting at me!)

4 Sites:

www.bbc.co.uk
www.desiwear.com
http://www.world66.com/myworld66
www.kumarandclark.com (yes...I'm being a nerd)


4 Bloggers with some meme-ingful work ahead:

Anita - you know that you are dying to do something like this...c'mon futafut!
Sheebykins - I want to hear about your HSMUN weekend!
Christine - yes, I know you are busy but consider this exercise a part of your commitment to your blog :)
Robo - yes...you have been chosen...


Okay...enough of the 'tagged' stuff. I do want to update this thing with regards to what happened this weekend and how life is going in general. The upcoming week is a hectic one and I do hope to provide myself with some therapy by typing away on this thing.

4 comments:

Neha said...

Yay, love it! Can I just say how pleased I am to see Black Stallion on the movie list. Payment for the compliments is on its way! :-P

Anonymous said...

Veevs,

you have really dropped the ball on your blog.

it misses you and your crazy stories...

Anita

Anonymous said...

It's about time you updated, Veevay!
Rabia

Anonymous said...

Hey...checkout www.desithreads.com - it's totally cool stuff and you would love all the desi gear.